[mythtv] 2019-render: nvdec decoding artefacts in the editor

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:35:49 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 12:42, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark:  I see a new commit that might have fixed this - but I had
> started, so I'll finish...
>
> This is a niche effect but it's still there (0515eacc), even with
> progressive frames.  ffmpeg works fine.  Both work well in normal
> playback but then ffmpeg demands more of the cpus.
>
> Would it be feasible to switch to ffmpeg when displaying a static frame?

John

Unfortunately I don't think that will work (without a lot of effort).

However, I've just taken a look at more recent FFmpeg fixes for
cuvid/nvdec and the following commit looks like it might fix the
problem:

https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/703583dbb1f35ccefeb8f2cccd2f99b97a4d482a#diff-1a851faa7dbf59fece61ec8d4a9920f1

I'll test it when I've kicked my nvidia box around a bit. For some
reason it can't find the opengl libs...

Peter has also just offered to resync to latest FFmpeg - so hopefully
we'll pick up sundry fixes like this.

Regards
Mark