[mythtv] Services API for ChannelServices / Video Source

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:54:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 4:06 PM Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 2:49 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> > Also, another failing of the current API is the inability to pass an
> > "unspecified" indication to the endpoint.

Oh, another nit (and my recollection is that it
occurs with a few endpoints) is the returned
name is different than the name one must
provide for add/updates (sometimes it is
just capitalization (is it xxxID or xxxId?), and
in some cases it is slightly different name
entirely (ChannelNumber input vs ChanNum
returned?) which requires transformations
of the names by the client apps.  Fortunately,
I don't think any have been recently introduced
(so as long as I remember the old ones I don't
need to learn anything new).