[mythtv] framesPlayed

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 18:21:16 UTC 2019

Hi Mark

I am looking into different ways to fix the bug
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13416

There is another area that may cause you problems with framesPlayed.

The shield has frame-doubling deinterlace built in, and the result was
the elapsed time was being calculated at double the correct rate. This
had bad consequences for many things. I added some code in
avformatdecoder (line 4123 onwards), to detect that frame-doubling was
being done. It sets m_fpsMultiplier to 2 and then uses logic in line
4160 to only increment framesPlayed on every alternate frame. Per the
ticket, this code is not working correctly as it seems that now the
timing is sometimes off by a factor of 1.5 instead of a factor of 2.
This may also affect your usage of framesPlayed in the render. You may
need to revert this code as well.

Let me know if you revert that. I will probably revert it anyway when I
have figured out a real fix for the ticket 13416.

Regards
Peter