[mythtv] Ansible problems with raspberry pi

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:48:17 UTC 2019

On 1/20/19 2:01 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Stuart
>
> I rebuild my Raspberry Pi system and compiled V30. I found that
> ansible failed to install the compile dependencies. ansible stopped
> because it could not install libcec-dev. On debian stretch and
> raspbian stretch the package is called libcec4-dev.
>
> It stopped before it had installed much at all. Is there any way to
> get it to skip the failing package and do the rest?
>
> I installed the rest of the packages manually. There are a few more
> packages needed for V30 than were for V29 - as follows
> libsamplerate0-dev libbluray-dev libxnvctrl-dev liblzo2-dev
> libxcb-shm0-dev
>
> I added the full list of build deps to the wiki at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Installing_Build_Dependencies_without_Ansible
>
> Please update ansible to use libcec4-dev for stretch and make sure the
> new build deps I have listed above are included. It is possible I have
> some missing or some unnecessary ones, if so please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Peter

I did some more testing on libcec

On a fresh install of raspbian -
sudo apt install libcec-dev
Fails with this error
libcec-dev : Depends: libcec4 (= 4.0.1+dfsg1-1+rpi1) but 4.0.2.3~stretch
is to be installed

I don't know why it wants to install a different version of the
dependency, but doing the following instead works:
sudo apt install libcec4=4.0.1+dfsg1-1+rpi1
sudo apt install libcec-dev

There may be two versions of the dependency available in the repository,
but that does not explain why it wants to install the wrong version of
the dependency.

It seems something is set up wrongly for it to fail this way. You should
be able to depend on an out of date version without it breaking.

Peter