[mythtv] Question about new build requirements for NVDEC

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 19:33:58 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 17:25 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:00 PM Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk>
> wrote:
> > I don't know which Ubuntu is relevant here
>
> For development, only "current" and "LTS" are considered relevant
> for Ubuntu

Which according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases currently means
"Bionic Beaver" (LTS) and "Cosmic Cuttlefish" (current) so from
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist
https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist

it seems that they have what was asked for at the head of the thread.

> , and "stable" for debian

Which is
 https://packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist
but that doesn't have the necessary stuff. But
https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist
does so maybe that is workable, particularly by the time 31 happens
(since presence in stretch-backports means it is already in the dev
version of buster).

Ian.