[mythtv] NVDEC progress in mythtv?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:27:34 UTC 2019

On 1/16/19 4:59 AM, Simon Kranz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a user of Mythtv in Australia and i noticed your recent reply on
> mythtv-users group 28/12/18 about adding NVDEC to mythtv.
>
> I have a Nvidia 1030 card and would love to know more about what you
> plan to do as this card can do HEVC with MPV software but not with
> mythtv?  I assume your goal is to have option to choose NVDEC as
> decoder instead of VDPAU in playback profiles?
> I read your 13357 bug trac and saw that you have partly added support
> to dev branch but still need to do more work to do completely?
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated and well done on your work for
> mythtv, i have used the system for > 10 years and our family don't
> know anything else and don't realise how good they've got it compared
> to the other set top box solutions available here in AU.
>
> Simon Kranz
I currently have NVDEC working for decoding, but still going via memory
to OpenGL. At this point it can play up to 4K video at 30fps, 4K at
50fps or 60fps is not handled. I hope to have the GPU video direct
working soon. None of it is yet committed because I have to sort out a
compile issue with dependencies.

Peter