[mythtv] OpenGL Performance problems - specific commit that causes the problem
pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:11:18 UTC 2019
I ran a bisect. Before the below commit, UYVY playback on Fire Stick 4K
30fps was perfect. After this commit it can only play 5 or 10 fps. Note
that after this commit the color also went wrong, color was later fixed
but the 5-10 fps limitation remained consistent after this commit.
Author: Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 18 08:54:40 2018 +0000
OpenGLVideo: Remove custom UYVY packing code
- opengl video now defaults to regular UYVY input textures.
- this fixes the interlaced chroma upsampling bug and works around
precision issues on some OpenGLES implementations.
- this avoids the extra filter stage required for the old code but
use a larger texture in video memory
- FFmpeg conversion is avoided (as it does not handle interlaced
chroma) so we use our own packing code. This is MMX assisted where
- TODO add NEON SIMD support to packing code
More information about the mythtv-dev