[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Feb 26 02:07:43 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 06:58:27PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/25/19 12:32 PM, David Engel wrote:

> > > I don't know what I am looking for. What happens?
> > Playback gets stuttery for a short while.  My assumption has been that
> > avsync2 just gets out of whack for whatever reason.
> >
> > David
> I watched that entire 30 minute video, part at 1.5x and part at 2x. I did
> not see any stuttering. I assume by stuttering you refer to the audio
> breaking up. I did not see anything unusual. I used software decode (opengl
> slim) on the shield for this test.

The audio stays fine.  It is the video that gets choppy.  I almost
always use opengl normal (kernel deinterlacer).

> Please make sure you have Music Choice unchecked.

It's not checked.

> Perhaps you can get a verbose playback log of when it happens.

I have not watched that particular recording yet.  I will this week.
When I do, I'll capture a log if I see the problem.  I'll also let you
know if I don't see the problem with that recording.

> Maybe you can give me more details - such as what does the video do and what
> does the audio do, described as if to a small child without using terms like
> stuttering or out of phase. does the video stop? does the video go slower?
> does the video go slow then fast then slow again? same sort of questions
> about the audio.

The audio plays normally and the video gets choppy.  By choppy, I mean
the video starts and stops and appears to skip small parts while the
autio keeps playing.

David
--
David Engel