[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:28:14 UTC 2019

On 2/15/19 10:14 PM, David Engel wrote:
> I just tried today's changes with my theme and also with official,
> Blue Abstract.  With live TV wait set to 0, it works as expected.  If
> live TV wait is set to 1000ms or more, the video never jumps back to
> full size.  About 500ms seems to be the value where things break.  AT
> <= 400ms, it usually works and at >= 600ms, it usually doesn't.
> Again, this is with my Shield.  I just tested on my Linux desktop with
> OpenGL rendering and it did the same thing.
Today I do see the problem. Clearly this patch is not working as it should.

Is there a need to continue with this? The code that I have committed
works with Live TV and catches up over a minute or so. Mark K expressed
that he did not want the delay patch put in and you said it is only a
temporary thing.

Peter