[mythtv] Mediacodec playback of mpeg2 on fire stick 4k

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:36:46 UTC 2019

On 12/9/19 9:22 PM, Aman Gupta wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 2:35 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Aman
>
>     There is still the ongoing issue with decoding mpeg2 using mediacodec
>     through ffmpeg. The process hangs, and never gets any frames back.
>

> I have not experienced any such issue. You're not receiving even a
> single frame back?

No frame is seen. This is only with fire stick 4k. It works fine on
Nvidia Shield.
> Are you creating the decoder with a Surface or not?

This is not using a surface, just decoding with ffmpeg into memory and
rendering after that with OpenGL. Mark Kendall is working on direct
rendering. I do not know if the same problem will happen there, as the
direct rendering is not currently in a working state.