[mythtv] AVSync in master, Normal decoding, vga monitor and built-in audio analog stereo

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 16:15:44 UTC 2019

On 10/12/2019 12:49, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 11:09, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What I will do is add some logging to the software deinterlacers to
>> show when a frame is not returned as expected - which should indicate
>> if/when it starts to run out of sync.
>
> So the logging didn't prove useful but I've just pushed a change to
> pass the video timecode into the FFmpeg deinterlacers and use the
> returned timestamp for display. Fingers crossed this eliminates any
> timestamp differences due to FFmpeg buffering.
>
> Regards
> Mark

I have that ( bd4822a ) running in Fedora 30, using for comparison a
Normal profile with OpenGL YV12 and HQ deinterlacers, and see/hear no
sign of drift in a BBC1 SD recording.  The reported AVSync is usually 1
or 2 ms with occasional single values around 45 ms.

The OSD shows MPEG-2 ffmpeg, Deint 2x CPU bwdif, and two CPUs at around 30%

The el7 box, with a similar CPU, still on yesterday's build, shows
MPEG-2 ffmpeg, 2x CPU onefield, but the CPUs are at around 85%.  It's
not immediately clear why.  I'll start building for that box now.

John