[mythtv] AVSync in master, Normal decoding, vga monitor and built-in audio analog stereo

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 21:20:11 UTC 2019

> Hi Mark, Peter, Tim et al...
> I'm now running b5edda1b06e, today's master, under el7 with hardware
> as in the subject.

> A recording that allows good sensory evaluation of a/v sync shows
> noticeable drift that is not evident from the -v playback log.
[...]

        At least for me, it seems like the sync problems (where audio
runs ahead of video) are only happening with 1080i (MPEG-2) content and
only when I use the double-rate software deinterlacers.  If I disable
double-rate deinterlacing or if I enable "Prefer OpenGL deinterlacers",
I don't see the problem.  I'll need to dig deeper into it to be sure,
though ...

Gregorio Gervasio Jr.        gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com