[mythtv] Coverity scan results and actions

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:38:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 5:13 PM David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:

> What really needs to be done is to create a modeling file to prevent
> these and any future false positives related to deleteLater.
>
> David
>
> https://scan.coverity.com/tune

Yes, that would be better way moving
forward, as it fixes the now, and the future.
However, only the MythTV devs have the
ability to tune the Coverity model (or even
look at it at all as I recall), which is why I
was not thinking of that option(*).

Another way is adding annotations to
the code itself (using comments of the
form of something like: /* coverity[....] */)
which is what the code base already has
for certain cppcheck issues.  Most agree
changing the modeling file is a better
option (where viable),

(*) And I seem to recall the documentation
is now behind a paywall limited to actual
(paying) customers (registering to the
community was not sufficient when I tried
it some time ago; I don't know if the docs
are available through a different path).