[mythtv] Channel Management Ideas and Plans

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 16:09:20 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:44 PM Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> Icon's are a bit problematic these days, since lyngsat implemented
> linking protection, myth can't automatically download them using the
> built in icon downloader.

Some xmltv grabbers have reasonable channel
icons available (of course some do not), but
EIT only obviously has no automated equivalent.

Since have been using sources that have
upstream curated icons for over a decade,
I tend to forget about the often time consuming
work that I performed doing the icon research
and selection manually when that was
required.

> Maybe i update my channels in a funny way ;-)
> truncate channel;
> truncate eit_cache;
> truncate program;
> rescan
> restart backend

If you insist on doing it different, at
least also truncate programgenres,
programrating, and credits to avoid
opportunities (for all sorts of artifacts).