[mythtv] Mythfrontend Android Releases

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:46:56 UTC 2018

On 09/17/2018 03:36 PM, Michael wrote:
> On 9/16/18 4:00 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> The current android builds have all been created with a development
>> certificate, which expires in 1 year.
>>
>> I have created a Release Certificate and built 32 bit and 64 bit
>> Release (v30-Pre) versions of MythFrontend. In order to install the
>> release version you will have to first uninstall the development
>> version. Note that unless you have set a custom frontend name in
>> database setup, and set the same name again, you will get a new name,
>> and all of your frontend settings will be lost.
>>
>> The release packages can be found here:
>> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/ There is a directory for
>> each MythTV version (Currently only V30) and under that a directory
>> for 32bit and and one for 64bit packages.
>

> Hi Peter,
>

> I am having issues upgrading to this newest version.
>

> When loading from USB via a file manager, the package manager starts
> installing, progress bar goes to about 90% and then I get a message
> that just says 'App not installed'.
>

> I have removed the previous version as well due to the concerns over
> the cert with the results.    I can however, reinstall the previous
> version from the same USB stick and same method.
>

> Any thoughts on what to try?
>

> Michael

Do you have the setting "Allow apps from unknown sources" set? Are you
using the correct architecture (64 bit vs 32 bit)?
Did you clear data and clear cache before uninstalling the prior
version? Perhaps that would help.
I always install and uninstall with adb and have never had a problem.
Is this on a Shield?

Peter