[mythtv] Android Release builds

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Sep 17 16:41:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 09:12:12AM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 09/16/2018 09:47 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > I only object to not doing it!  Do we even need to have a release
> > target?  Didn't somebody say earlier that the libraries get stripped
> > during packaging anyway?
> >
> Yes - the libraries get stripped during packaging.
>
> For my purposes, all builds, even debugging ones, can be "release" target
> from now on. I see no reason not to build that way. I do that for Linux and
> Raspberry pi. Are you suggesting it should be the default? The build script
> is set up so that if you use "release" you need a keystore.

I thought the main difference between compile types was profile
enabled optimization and debugging while release only enabled
optimization and debug only enabled debugging.  Any other differences
are either recent additions or things of which I'm unaware.

any Adroid related differneces fall into the recent additions
category.  I don't have strong preference on building with
project/personal or permanent/temporary keys.

David

--
David Engel
david at istwok.net