[mythtv] Android Release builds

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:34:20 UTC 2018

On 09/16/2018 09:47 PM, David Engel wrote:
> I only object to not doing it!  Do we even need to have a release
> target?  Didn't somebody say earlier that the libraries get stripped
> during packaging anyway?

Yes - the libraries get stripped during packaging.

For my purposes, all builds, even debugging ones, can be "release"
target from now on. I see no reason not to build that way. I do that for
Linux and Raspberry pi. Are you suggesting it should be the default? The
build script is set up so that if you use "release" you need a keystore.

I am not sure what difference there is in the "debug" target. I think it
may activate some debug code. The release build with the "performance"
option that I used does create a package that is 5 MB smaller. I did
verify that I can do all normal debugging tasks with it via adb.

Peter