[mythtv] pts values

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:35:15 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 4:27 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>  .... I know Comcast converts all national channels to 720p.

And MPEG-4 (for all the national HD channels, SD is still
typically left 480i).  The one (almost universal) exception
to the MPEG-4 720p transcoding of HD channels is The
Weather Channel, which (last I checked) has remained in
MPEG-2, apparently due to the "local on the 8's" insertion
devices that The Weather Channel makes available for
use at a cable companies regional TV distribution point(s),
of which those devices (at least previous gen, I have not
looked at the most recent IntellStar's) could only perform
inserts at MPEG-2 1080i, so the feed had to stay at
MPEG-2 all the way down.