[mythtv] pts values

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:34:17 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 3:32 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I notice now my Comcast ABC station is running 720p. I don't know if Comcast or ABC made the change.

In most parts of the country, US ABC is 720p (that is the network
standard, although never say never (regarding local broadcaster
re-encoding)).  Certainly all the O&O stations are 720p.  Fox
is the other US network channel which is 720p.  Note that when
stations change affiliations or ownership there can be interesting
transition issues.

Be aware that in all markets Comcast does transcode all the
local OTAs to fit in their designated bitrate requirements.