[mythtv] 50fps video playback on 30Hz display (4K on HDMI 1.4 output)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:59:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 7:56 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought so too. I have a GT210 card which is about the oldest cheapest
> Nvidia card and I ran a test with ffmpeg to decode with h264-cuvid, and
> it worked. I think maybe the chart on the NVidia site does not show it
> on the list because the chart is incomplete, not because it does not work?

Pretty sure the GT210 uses a legacy driver, which nvidia has
said is (at best) minimally supported, and may not continue
to work with all (any) new features/functions/capabilities, and
they certainly do not document its compatibility (if any).  They
would, of course, prefer you bought something from this decade.
That it works is interesting, but unlikely to be something to
depend on.