[mythtv] Services API: Does Dvr/AddRecordSchedule work?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Oct 14 17:17:32 UTC 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:17:04AM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 7:56 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > There are 4 ways to call Dvr/GetRecordSchedule:
> >
> > nRecordId > 0 : Return the existing recording rule itself.  Not
> > necessarily tied to a specific program.
> >
> > !sTemplate.isEmpty() : Return the existing, template rule itself.
> >
> > nRecordedId > 0 : Return the rule for the given recording.
> >
> > nChanId > 0 && dStartTime.isValid() : Return the matching rule for the
> > given program.  Optionally, return an override rule when bMakeOverride
> > is set.
> >

> Good to know.  I had not thought of retrieving a template first.  That
> seems like a good approach.

Editing recording rules is an area where MythTV's flexibility bites us
hard.  It's not reasonable for external users of the API to know all
of the business rules that must be followed.  I tried to make it easy
to get the existing rule for a given program or a suitable starting
rule when one doesn't exist.  Please let me know if have suggestions
on how to improve things.

> Has anyone written a set of python tools for controlling Myth with the
> services API, that has been published somewhere?  The documentation is
> currently somewhat sparse, and examples might be helpful.

None that I know [much] of.  Kodi has something but since it probably
conforms to their own, generic, PVR interface, it might not be the
best example.  The only other thing I know of is Stuart Morgan's work
on the built-in, web interface but I'm pretty sure that's all in
javascript/jquery.

David
--
David Engel