[mythtv] Services API: Does Dvr/AddRecordSchedule work?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Oct 13 01:55:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 06:49:44PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> I see AddRecordSchedule here
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/API_parameters_29#Dvr_service but when I try to
> use it, I am getting a 500 response.  Is this not working, or am I not
> calling it correctly?

It worked at some time.  It's possible it got broken somewhere along
the line.

> I am calling it from python:
>
>     endpoint = 'Dvr/AddRecordSchedule'
>     post = recrule.asDict()
>     opt = {'wrmi':True}
>
>     try:
>         resp_dict = backend.send(endpoint=endpoint, postdata=post, opts=opt)
>     except RuntimeError as error:
>         sys.exit('\nFatal error: "{}"'.format(error))
>     except RuntimeWarning as warning:
>         print('Warning: {}'.format(warning))
>
> recrule is a classed derived from a named tuple with the various arguments
> in it, for example: ChanId, Title, Subtitle, etc.

How are you creating recrule?  The strongly preferred way to do so is
to call Dvr/GetRecordSchedule first.  That will give you a known, good
rule from which you can modify as needed.

There are 4 ways to call Dvr/GetRecordSchedule:

nRecordId > 0 : Return the existing recording rule itself.  Not
necessarily tied to a specific program.

!sTemplate.isEmpty() : Return the existing, template rule itself.

nRecordedId > 0 : Return the rule for the given recording.

nChanId > 0 && dStartTime.isValid() : Return the matching rule for the
given program.  Optionally, return an override rule when bMakeOverride
is set.

David

--
David Engel