[mythtv] Status of Python 3 compatibility

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 14:28:36 UTC 2018

As Python 2 is approaching EOL (2020) modules are currently being
deprecated/obsoleted in Fedora Rawhide (future f30 release)

Which means I need to try and start moving over mythtv in RPM Fusion to
Python 3...

I know python is used extensively in various places in MythTV so I would
appreciate any help in seeing just how big of a problem this will be.

We're already having to drop ttvdb because the python2-requests-cache
package has been removed. We're seeing if it can be re-added in the short
term.

Thanks,
Richard