[mythtv] FFmpeg plans

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:14:56 UTC 2018

On 05/15/2018 11:51 AM, David Engel wrote:
> The log bloat is unfortunate, but I think this solution is better than
> the other alternatives so far.  Thanks for testing all of this.
>
> David
I did some testing of git log and I found that git seems to have a
bug/restriction which actually helps.

If you cd to the base directory of the repo and run "git log -- mythtv"
you only see the mythtv and mythtv subdirectory changes that were made
in this repository but not any of the ffmpeg subtree changes that were
imported via the subtree.  So we see the ffmpeg customizations that we
applied here but none of those imported via the subtree. This is exactly
what I would want to see.

I cannot find a way of seeing a log of subtree imported commits using a
path. Using mythtv/external/FFmpeg finds nothing, probably because when
they were committed the path was just libavformat/ and not
mythtv/external/FFmpeg/libavformat. However searching on path
libavformat also shows nothing. If you want to see those you either have
to use the full "git log", search on a revision range, or look in the
ffmpeg repository. This seems to be a bug but works in our favor.

Peter