[mythtv] Current Fedora 28 issues

Sam Davis samdavis at outlook.com.au
Mon May 14 00:18:20 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am just wondering what the status of MythTV running on Fedora 28 is? Going by other threads some fixes have been reverted so currently is there no fix in the works?

>From my perspective I have issues on the frontend when trying to play a recording it sits at "please wait" and output from the terminal shows the vector error previously logged. The backend basically won't record (will record the occasional show but I think that is dependent on the channel and whether it needs to change to a different channel to record .. and changing channels in liveTV also causes the backend to crash. The same or similar vector error is reported when running the backend from a terminal window but logs a different type of error running as a service. If more info is required I can gather up logs if needed.

Any feedback advice would be great as at the moment I have a dead MythTV system and don't really want to build a Fedora 27 system if the issues will be fixed soon. I may build a Fedora 28 PC and start compiling from source as opposed to waiting for RPMFusion builds to be made available as then I can have a look at code and may be able to contribute to fixes.

Sam