[mythtv] rpm build of master fails after ffmpeg refactor

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:18:17 UTC 2018

On 10/05/18 15:10, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com
> <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I just realised (after a comment by Paul H) that commits to master
>     hadn't stopped but are not coming through on the mailing list, so
>     this is a bit late.
>
>     I'm using a specfile based on one from rpmfusion. Last success was
>     on 25 April.  Now I see
>
>     + ./configure --qmake=/usr/bin/qmake-qt5 --prefix=/usr
>     --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libdir-name=lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man
>     --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
>     --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid ' '
>     Unknown option "--enable-libtheora".
>

> I went in and removed the vorbis and theora options and am currently
> trying builds of the latest fixes/29.1.
>
> http://koji.rpmfusion.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=162
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Hi Richard:  I don't suppose that amny mythtv users will miss theora or
vorbis, but I don't think you need to remove them.  It looks to me as if
there are conflicts between Peter's new ffmpeg-based configure and the
old rpmfusion mythtv-based configure, IIUC the new version only affects
master at present.

Relating to my other posts on this topic:  I see that mythwikiscripts
comes in /mythtv-master/mythtv/bindings/python/scripts

but is being looked for in /usr/bin

bin* problem?  If so, it might be a one-off.

John