[mythtv] rpm build of master fails after ffmpeg refactor

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:07:45 UTC 2018

I just realised (after a comment by Paul H) that commits to master
hadn't stopped but are not coming through on the mailing list, so this
is a bit late.

I'm using a specfile based on one from rpmfusion. Last success was on 25
April.  Now I see

+ ./configure --qmake=/usr/bin/qmake-qt5 --prefix=/usr
--libdir=/usr/lib64 --libdir-name=lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid ' '
Unknown option "--enable-libtheora".

All those 'enables' come from a section of the specfile with this preamble:

%build

# First, we build MythTV
pushd mythtv

# Similar to 'percent' configure, but without {_target_platform} and
# {_exec_prefix} etc... MythTV no longer accepts the parameters that the
# configure macro passes, so we do this manually.
./configure \
     --qmake=%{_bindir}/qmake-qt5                \
     --prefix=%{_prefix}                         \
     --libdir=%{_libdir}                         \
     --libdir-name=%{_lib}                       \
     --mandir=%{_mandir}                         \
<snip>
     --enable-bdjava                             \
     --enable-libmp3lame                         \
     --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis       \
     --enable-libx264                            \
     --enable-libx265                            \
     --enable-libxvid                            \
     --enable-libvpx                             \

and I suspect that the others would fail too.  I tried
--enable-libmyththeora, but no joy.

This is pretty early in the build process and I have no doubt that
fixing it will simply reveal the need for lots more changes; but perhaps
someone will be able to suggest an approach?

And do I need to disable plugins?

John P

gmail doesn't show me my own posts so this is 'edited as new'

After a few more attempts I deleted everything after the <snip> above
until the following 'make' line, and building progressed to the plugins,
when it eventually reported 'no rule to make target...libmyth-30.so'
needed by 3 components of mytharchive, and quit.  Reported build time
was 42 minutes, rather than 8 minutes as before.  git was f7ff74a and so
includes the install-mytharchive without-plugins commit at dca00e0

I'm minded to try a build --without-plugins; the only one I have used
often is mytharchive.

-----------
I downloaded the latest 6e939ad and tried as above but --without plugins

This failed (45 min) in mythtv-common in the 'files' section:

Processing files: mythtv-common-master-30.630.a.fc26.x86_64
error: File not found:
/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/mythtv-master-30.630.a.fc26.x86_64/usr/bin/mythwikiscripts

I see no other references to mythwikiscripts in the specfile.  My
earlier builds do include it.

That folder does contain several other files:

$ ls
/var/lib/mock/fedora-26-x86_64/root/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/mythtv-master-30.630.a.fc26.x86_64/usr/bin

mythavtest       mythcommflag  mythffserver      mythfrontend
mythlcdserver       mythpreviewgen    mythshutdown   mythtv-setup
optimize_mythdb
mythbackend      mythffmpeg    mythfilerecorder  mythhdhomerun_config
mythmediaserver     mythreplex        mythtranscode  mythutil

mythccextractor  mythffprobe   mythfilldatabase  mythjobqueue
mythmetadatalookup  mythscreenwizard  mythtvsetup    mythwelcome

The build log has no references to mytharchive.