[mythtv] Myhthfrontend sitting at "Please Wait"

Sam Davis samdavis at outlook.com.au
Mon May 7 00:37:22 UTC 2018

ok thanks,

so how do I do this?

Sam
________________________________
From: mythtv-dev <mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org> on behalf of Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 7 May 2018 9:46 AM
To: Development of MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Myhthfrontend sitting at "Please Wait"

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:03 AM, Sam Davis <sam.davis at outlook.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After upgrading my frontend from Fedora 27 to Fedora 28 when starting
> frontend it sits at "Please Wait" screen.
>
> running mythfrontend from terminal shows errors below.
>

> AudioPlayer: Enabling Audio
> /usr/include/c++/8/bits/stl_vector.h:932: std::vector<_Tp,
> _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator[](std::vector<_Tp,
> _Alloc>::size_type) [.with _Tp = char; _Alloc = std::allocator<char>;
> std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference = char&; std::vector<_Tp,
> _Alloc>::size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion '__builtin_expect(__n
> < this->size(), true)' failed.
> Handling Aborted
> Aborted (core dumped)

Try applying the patches from tickets ##13264 (in particular)
and #13263 (for another case of equivalent aborts).  This
seems to be a result gcc8 implementing the AddressSanitizer
with vectors (arguably the MythTV code is wrong, but it
happened to work previously).

Typically, if enough "works for me" reports are made on
the ticket (with no documented regressions), the devs with
commit privs are more likely to review, modify as needed,
and commit the fixes with appropriate attribution.