[mythtv] mediacodec status

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:52:14 UTC 2018

The fact that mediacodec returns multiple frames for one packet is
causing problems in many areas. I think I have most of that solved now.

MythTV playback with mediacodec is having some timing issues with
interlaced content. The content is interlaced 29.97 fps. Mediacodec is
returning 59.96 deinterlaced frames per second. We are playing it OK but
the elapsed playback time increments at double speed because it assumes
there are 29.97 frames per second. You can see this in the seconds
displayed by the osd status during playback.

There are many calculations done in MythTV that use the frame count and
assume that it matches the frames per second returned by the stream
context. I still need to figure out a solution to this. Hopefully I can
get the correct framerate from the Codec Context and use that instead of
the value from the Stream.

Rewind and FF are still to be tackled.

Peter