[mythtv] Difficulties with FFmpeg and mediacodec

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:56:50 UTC 2018

On 06/13/2018 11:36 AM, David Engel wrote:
> What you would choose in Setup > Video > Playback > Current Video
> Playback Profile.  For example, OpenGL Slim, VAAPI Normal, VDPAU High
> Quality, etc.
>
> If you didn't do anything here, how are you getting MythTV to use
> mediacodec decoding?  Did you just hard code it?
Oh sorry that is what you mean. I added an entry "mediacodec" to the
decoders selection in playback profile entries. I added OpenGL as render
option to that.

I did not yet add a default playback profile for this. You have to
create a playback profile (called e.g. test) and add an entry with
decoder "mediacodec" and render of OpenGL, and select one of the
deinterlace methods available. When it is all working I will add a
default playback profile with name mediacodec-normal or similar.

 From time to time while developing and testing I switch back to an
OpenGL profile that uses ffmpeg to make sure that it still works.

There still seems to be a problem with changes to playback profile not
taking immediate effect. I need to track that down. In the meantime I
restart the frontend to make sure my playback profile change takes effect.

Peter