[mythtv] mythbackend 29/fixes crashes

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 10:58:22 UTC 2018

On 11/05/18 19:26, Ken Bass wrote:
> 2 years ago I had reported frequent backend crashing in 0.28/fixes. We
> thought maybe it was due to an older Qt 5.6 in Centos 7.
>
> This past week I upgraded to the recently released Centos 7.5 which now
> includes Qt 5.9.2 and upgraded to v29.1-15-g280138b
>
> I am still experiencing crashing. They always seem to happen on an hour
> or 1/2 interval and seem to be related to QString()

I didn't see anything that rang a bell in your examples, but I don't
have such crashes either.  I'm running master ad809c (Apr 10 rebuilt May
14) on an el7.5 system (SL7.5 with elrepo 4.4.136 kernel, used because
it supports dvb adapter numbers).

There can be build difficulties after subversion updates of el7, when
epel tracks el7 but the clones lag behind.

Master has a recent commit for the SystemEventHandler  0c7ad11

John P