[mythtv] rpm build of master using mockchain. git help needed

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:32:33 UTC 2018

On 03/06/18 17:01, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... They installed without problems and the system
>> is running now :-)
>
> It works for me, SHIPIT! ?????
>
> Glad to hear you have a workaround (at least
> for now).

Well, with the recent change dropping ffserver it worked for me, in this
instance, just as you described.  It took around 80 minutes of silent
churning, (2.6 GHz core2duo, 4GB ram) with atop showing previously
unheard-of processes and gradually consuming virtual memory, but it got
there in the end.  As noted, I had done 'dnf remove' on all earlier
mythtv packages first.

Thanks!

One thing I did notice yesterday:  I've often had two FE/BE boxes
running on the same network with no apparent interaction.  Restarting
the FE on the other box seemed difficult with the new system running,
but both look ok now.   I haven't investigated more.

John