[mythtv] NVidia Pixellation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:41:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 9:42 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you need a sample I can also provide one.

My recommendation would be to send all the
available samples with as much detail in the
bug report possible for each unique station,
in the case the causes are different (even if
the symptoms are the same).

There are just too many ways to generate
visual artifacts in the codec implementations.

FWIW, I would not be surprised if the same
encoder is being used at multiple stations
(there are only a handful of vendors that
broadcast engineers trust/specify), but there
are dozens of knobs to adjust, and it may
take a special person to adjust the knobs
just so.