[mythtv] Another Long Press Issue

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jul 30 03:24:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:55:20PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> This is now commit 4287f45f, right?  I just now got a chance to try it
> and also look into another bug I found.  Do you still want feedback on
> it?

Unfortunately, that other bug appears to be another long press related
bug.  Please see if you can duplicate this problem.

In the Long Press context, add bindings for Back and Enter.  You don't
need to add any Meta- uses of them.  Simply having the setup for long
presses is enough for me to see the problem.

Go into watch recordings and start watching something.  Then, press
whatever key you have bound to the GUIDE action to bring up the EPG.
Next, press Enter to bring up the Watch this Channel/Edit Recording
menu.  As far as I can tell, the Enter keypress gets eaten somewhere
and never gets to GuideGrid::keyPressEvent().  Finally, press Back to
exit the EPG and go back to playback.  Like Enter, Back gets eaten and
there is no way exit the EPG.

These problems don't show up when the EPG is entered from a menu.
They only seem to show up when the EPG is entered from playback.
Removing the Long Press bindings for Enter and Back fixes the
respective problems for me.

David
--
David Engel