[mythtv] Pushed android mediacodec support

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 19:39:09 UTC 2018

On 07/29/2018 01:22 PM, Michael wrote:
> On 07/21/2018 12:34 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> I have committed and pushed the android mediacodec changes. This
>> provides hardware decoding for mythfrontend on android systems
>> including android TV.
>

> This is really great.   I am many others really appreciate the work
> you have done here.
>
> Are there plans to submit a package to the google store at some point
> or even provide a location for regular updates or is the expectation
> that people should compile their own?
>
> My instance which you gave me several weeks ago (20180620) has been
> running well enough that it is now my primary frontend.    I took out
> my NVidia based frontend and retired it.
>

> Michael

It is still a work in progress. I am thinking of putting the package on
a web site where it can be downloaded and installed. As far as google
play is concerned, there is some disagreement on how to handle different
versions, frontend has to be built for the same version as the backend.
If people are running different versions of the backend how will they
get the correct version of frontend if google play always supplies the
latest version?

Peter