[mythtv] rpm build of master using mockchain.

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:30:04 UTC 2018

On 03/06/18 17:01, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... They installed without problems and the system
>> is running now :-)
>
> It works for me, SHIPIT! ?????
>
> Glad to hear you have a workaround (at least
> for now).

Well, with the recent change dropping ffserver it worked for me, in this
instance, just as you described.  It took around 80 minutes of silent
churning, (2.6 GHz core2duo, 4GB ram) with atop showing previously
unheard-of processes and gradually consuming virtual memory, but it got
there in the end.  As noted, I had done 'dnf remove' on all earlier
mythtv packages first.

Thanks!

-----------------

I tried using the same script on the same f27 box but building master
(with ffmpeg4) for el7.

Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

Error: libvpx decoder version must be >= 1.4.0
ERROR  FFmpeg configure failed

The package.log shows libvpx-1.3.0-5.el7.   It's from the SL7 repo;
CentOS7 too.

I would be surprised if this is the only problem of that kind.

I doubt that I have files that need libvpx.
---------------------

I haven't tried to find out why the higher libvpx version is required or
why it isn't available for el7, but once again I tried building outside
the GitHub/M$ (!) script.  With specfile changes to

## BuildRequires: libvpx-devel

and

--disable libvpx

the mythtv phase has built a set of rpms.  I haven't tried installing
them yet.

John P

--------------------

I forked from Gary's GitHub, and edited the mythtv and mythtv-plugins
specfiles, making the above changes for non-Fedora (ie, el7) builds.
Current master head is now running on both f27 and el7 boxes.

The el7 build would not install without python-requests-cache, which
seems to be available only from nux.dextop

google-droid-sans-fonts was installed as a dependency on el7, although
it is in the git code.  Both frontends, and both mythtv-setups, complain
frequently:

{{{
2018-06-11 12:10:40.972913 E  MythFontProperties: Failed to load 'Droid
Sans', got 'Droid Sans [unknown]' instead
                         Location:
/home/john/.mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/base.xml @ 1166
                         Name: 'medium'  Type: 'fontdef'
}}}

although on f27 [unknown] is replaced by [MONO] or [1ASC].  I don't
think it's because of my tweaked theme.  I had a thread (font niggle)
about this on ubuntu some time ago and IIRC on my kubuntu laptops it's
still fixed.

i tried a build a few days ago which did not 'Require' the external
google-droid-fonts.  It failed, but this seems to have been because of a
new  dependancy: 'BuildRequires: perl-XML-Simple' (although the actual
syntax is slightly (and obviously) different)

I now have a new rpm build for f27 HEAD that does not require and does
not have the external droid fonts.  It looks fine and does not give the
'Failed to load <font>' messages.   #13301 addresses a similar issue for
Debian etc.

John P