[mythtv] RFE

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Feb 4 11:58:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-04 11:52, Dag Nygren wrote:
> On söndag 4 februari 2018 kl. 12:35:57 EET Torbjorn Jansson wrote:
>> On 2018-02-04 11:10, Dag Nygren wrote:
>> if it is eit then it sounds like you need to write a custom eitfixup for
>> your provider.
>> as i remember it you have one function to cleanup the eit data and there is
>> a table that triggers the fixup when eit is collected on the correct
>> network id or similar.
>> (this is just from memory, was a while since i worked on eit fixups)
>
> So there is a hook for it already! Neat! I will have a look
> at that.
>
>> if you use eit then perhaps you should swap to xmltv as guide data?
>> it is generally of much better quality than eit.
>
> I am using EIT and prefer it mainly because I haven't found a finnish XML
> provider that gives me XML info in Swedish (my mother tongue)
> but EIT in most cases is bilingual.
>
> Many thanks for the tip on fixup. Pretty OK with programming
> and I will definitely have a go at it.
> Already have some ideas on the implementation :-)

as i remember it, when you want to test your new eit fixup function you have to
purge a few tables since mythtv caches the information and only update if
things is missing.
it is probably a good idea to use a development system or different database or
similar.

i also think there is some helpful verbose logging options in the backend you
can turn on.

i worked on an eit fixup for a provider in Sweden several years ago.
i did it mostly because the provider starts the program description in what
normally is the subtitle, so the description is almost always cut off (applies
to all standalone dvb boxes too that doesn't come from the provider)
but i think i overdid it a bit and it was never committed and now it has
bit-rotted for a long time.
i gave up on it and switched to xmltv and have been satisfied with that.