[mythtv] RFE

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Feb 4 10:35:57 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-04 11:10, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi devs!
>
> I know this might not be the right list, but hope that
> you still read it, please.
>
> Here in Finland we have an absolute crazy way
> the TV companies sets up the titles of the programs
> as they will add the age limit in parenthesis at the end.
> Like "Survivors (12)", "Paradise Hotel (16)"
>
> And as the age limit can be different for different episodes
> it gets really bad for the scheduling.
>
> Say you watch something, find it interesting and press record
> to catch the upcoming episodes.
> Then if the next episode happens to have a different age rating
> it will still not be recorded :-(
>
> So could we get a way to tell Myth to disregard everything
> in parentheses at the end of the title ?
> Or perhaps even more generic:
> Ability to add a regexp list that is always applied to the
> recording rules?
>
> I know I can set the rules as a SQL select and that is what I have been
> doing., but this is quite messy to set up at the moment.

where do you get the guide data from?
xmltv or eit?

if it is eit then it sounds like you need to write a custom eitfixup for your
provider.
as i remember it you have one function to cleanup the eit data and there is a
table that triggers the fixup when eit is collected on the correct network id
or similar.
(this is just from memory, was a while since i worked on eit fixups)

if you use eit then perhaps you should swap to xmltv as guide data?
it is generally of much better quality than eit.
there is a xmltv grabber for xmltv.se already built in to xmltv and i believe
that source of data covers a lot of scandinavian channels, not just swedish.
see: http://xmltv.xmltv.se/00index.html