[mythtv] Update recording file name from command line?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:49:11 UTC 2018

I still use a combined FE/BE in the living room but everywhere else I use
either a Roku, Roku TV, and stream via Plex.

Some channels work find but others have issues with audio sync. It seems
like the video freezes right at the beginning but the audio does not so it
stays out of sync.

I've played around, especially on Plex and forcing it to transcode on the
fly usually works but reduced video quality and the audio is changed from
multi-channel to stereo so it's not an ideal solution.

I noticed that recordings I've saved to videos via Avidemux to MKV
container (video and audio are copied) don't have this problem so I was
thinking of using mkvmerge in a transcode user job to move all my
recordings from TS to MKV container formats.

I plan to write a bash script around this but how do I go about updating
the name of the recording in the database? Mythutil seems an obvious
candidate to have this functionality but it doesn't as far as I can tell.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Richard