[mythtv] Power Recording Rule excluding genres

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:59:56 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I would like to set up a "Power Recording Rule" which records all PBS
movies as long as the genre is NOT Comedy, Historical, Romance or History.

I am able to achieve rejecting one genre with a syntax like this:

channel.callsign LIKE 'PBS%HD' AND program.category_type = 'movie' AND
'Comedy' <> ALL (select genre from programgenres where
program.chanid=programgenres.chanid AND
program.starttime=programgenres.starttime)

However, that gets ugly real quick, if I want to negate more than one genre:

channel.callsign LIKE 'PBS%HD' AND program.category_type = 'movie' AND
'Comedy' <> ALL (select genre from programgenres where
program.chanid=programgenres.chanid AND
program.starttime=programgenres.starttime) AND 'Historical' <> ALL (select
genre from programgenres where program.chanid=programgenres.chanid AND
program.starttime=programgenres.starttime) AND 'Romance' <> ALL (select
genre from programgenres where program.chanid=programgenres.chanid AND
program.starttime=programgenres.starttime) AND 'History' <> ALL (select
genre from programgenres where program.chanid=programgenres.chanid AND
program.starttime=programgenres.starttime)

I figured I could put the sub query into a derived table and then just use
that when doing the "genre <> ALL (results)" but either that does not or I
have not figured out the syntax.

Anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks,

John