[mythtv] Building for Android, mariadb issue

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Wed Aug 8 03:25:38 UTC 2018

On 08/08/18 12:01, John P Poet wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:23 PM David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net
> <mailto:mythtv at love2code.net>> wrote:
>
>     On August 7, 2018 7:35:49 PM EDT, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jppoet at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >Thank you, everyone.  I tried it again, and made it a lot
>     further, with
>     >the
>     >new knowledge.
>     >
>     >Unfortunately, it didn't finish:
>     >
>     >configure: error: BD-J requires ANT, but ant was not found. Please
>     >install
>     >it.
>     >
>     >Is this part of the clean up that David Hampton is working on?
>
>     No,  that's not me.  I thought bdjava was disabled by default and
>     you had to explicitly add --enable-bdjava to configure to enable
>     it.  You should be able to disable it with the --disable-bdjava
>     argument. Or you can install ant/apache-ant and compile in bdjava
>     support.
>

> Thanks David.  To be clear, this is from running makelibs, which is
> trying to build libbluray.  I modified it to not build that lib.  It
> is now past that and building Qt.

ANT was deprecated in favour of gradle for the android build bits.
I didn't notice since I have ant installed on my build host. just an
apt-get away.

not sure why libblueray builds differently now, unless there was some
massaging of the makefile to work correctly within the mythtv make
environment. or its a later version that fundamentally changed its build
system.

I was thinking of using conan or hunter maybe to manage the packages so
we dont have to. Just found out about them recently.

Mark