[mythtv] Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:59:20 UTC 2018

On 08/05/2018 10:45 PM, David Hampton wrote:

>>> I checked - libbluray, libsamplerate and liblzo are not in the apk.
>>> libbluray.so and liblzo.so are in the directory
>>> packaging/android/mythinstall64/lib/.
>>> libsamplerate.so never got created, but the compile worked so I
>>> suspect that
>>> it was statically linked.
>> Peter, you can use readelf like this to check which shared libraries
>> are needed.
>>
>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>> android-readelf --dynamic mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
> readelf on mythinstall64/lib/libmythtv-30.so shows that its looking for
> libbluray.so, libxml2.so, and liblzo2.so.  My last commit added two of
> those to mythfrontend.pro, but missed libxml2.so.
>
>> You can also use nm like this to confirm that libsamplerate was
>> included.
>>
>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>> android-nm mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
> Looking at nm on mythinstall64/lib/libmyth-30.so, I see the samplerate
> functions like src_new listed with text addresses:
>
> 00000000001ae220 T src_new
>
> They should be already linked into libmyth-30.so since they're showing
> as T (text) symbols with addresses instead of as U (unknown) symbols.
>
> David

I pulled the latest commits, did a clean build. Android run now crashes
with
W System.err: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed:
library "libxml2.so" not found

I see you mention above that you missed libxml2.so, so that seems to be
the current problem.

Peter