[mythtv] Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 18:50:50 UTC 2018

On 08/05/2018 12:12 PM, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 12:00 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
>> On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 11:20 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> The android version will no longer compile. It is failing because
>>> it
>>> cannot find samplerate or libbluray. There may be others, I don't
>>> know.
>>>
>>> The thing with android is, the build cannot use Linux packages that
>>> are
>>> installed by ansible. All of the libraries needed are built in the
>>> packaging code using makelibs.sh. If you have removed some
>>> libraries
>>> from the MythTV source, then we have to add code to makelibs.sh to
>>> download the source and compile it for android. For libbluray maybe
>>> we
>>> can just disable it in the configure step, but samplerate seems to
>>> be
>>> required. I did not get past this point in the compile, there may
>>> be
>>> others that are required.
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I think I forgot to commit my packaging changes that build the
>> additional libraries for android.  I know I had android compiling
>> here
>> before I committed my changes.  I'll get back to you shortly.
> I just committed my changes to the packaging repository.
>
> David

I can build libraries, build mythtv and install.

Running mythfrontend from android gives the error "Your application
encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. There is no message in
the log that tells me what the problem is.

Log: https://pastebin.com/fVUUVa3N

Peter