[mythtv] FFmpeg plans

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:58:18 UTC 2018

On 04/30/2018 11:45 AM, David Engel wrote:
> That recommendation seems highly unusual to me.  Why do releases at
> all then?  It sounds like thay handle release branches in the same,
> pretty standard way we do.  We try to keep our master branch stable
> too, but we don't recommend others run it.  I wonder why they do.
>
> David
We can treat their master like our master. Before we tag a release
branch make sure it has been stable with a particular pull of FFmpeg. In
the pre-release branch we can do testing and cherry-pick additional
FFmpeg commits or reverse bad FFmpeg commits as necessary, as we do with
MythTV commits, if needed to fix bugs.

Peter