[mythtv] ttvdb.com change on October 1st

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 14:39:04 UTC 2017

The TTVDB API v1 will stop working on October 1st. The change to support
the API v2 are in master, fixes/0.28 and fixes/29.

We are likely to get a lot of questions after October 1st from people
who have not upgraded and found the metadata job fails.

Ubuntu trusty (14.04) does not have the requisite packages so the
upgrade fails unless you do some extra manual work.

faginbagin has created a port to 0.27. I have not committed it because
0.27 is no longer supported and nobody has verified it other than
faginbagin herself.

I will create a wiki page and a forum post about this with details.

More info is in the ticket
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13084#comment:70

Peter