[mythtv] Building fc25 master rpms fails after 30-Pre-23

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Sep 10 21:57:25 UTC 2017

On 29/08/17 00:41, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 08/28/2017 05:49 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Not surprising.  I'm running 30-Pre-22 with fc25 and SL7 from a
>> specfile based on one from rpmfusion.
>>
>>> MythNetvision requires the MythTV Python bindings (MythTV)
>>> Disabling MythNetvision due to missing dependencies.
>>
>> and then the packaging stage failed because of missing mythnetvision
>> files.  I imagine that a build 'without mythnetvision' would have a
>> similar problem later.
>>
>> I'll just run with the current builds for a bit.
>>
>> John P
>
> There are some new runtime dependencies because of the change to the
> ttvdb API. In ubuntu the additional packages required are python-future,
> python-requests, python-requests-cache. That may be related to your
> problem.
>
> Peter

In case it's useful:

I tried adding python2-futures, python-requests-cache and
python-requests-mock as both BuildRequires and Requires for mythnetvision.

Still get the failure message as above in fc25.

el7 has python2-futures (epel, which might perhaps have compatibility
issues at present) and python-requests, straight and  with three other
flavours.  I haven't tried a build of that.

I don't think I see a personal need for mythnetvision (or ttvdb, for
that matter), but haven't yet tried a build without it.

John