[mythtv] Mythtv-setup looks too often for VBoxes

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Sep 10 11:25:22 UTC 2017

On 01/09/17 04:51, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> On 24 Aug 2017, at 5:37 am, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net
>> <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>>
>> mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/main.cpp  has, at line 366,
>>
>>    if (!cmdline.toBool("noupnp"))
>>    {
>>        // start looking for any uPnP devices we can use like VBoxes
>>        SSDP::Instance()->PerformSearch("ssdp:all");
>>    }
>

> Other occurrences also:
>
> % egrep 'noupnp"' */*.cpp
> mythbackend/main_helpers.cpp:        g_pUPnp->Init(ismaster,
> cmdline.toBool("noupnp"));
> mythfrontend/main.cpp:    if (!cmdline.toBool("noupnp"))
> mythtv-setup/main.cpp:    if (!cmdline.toBool("noupnp"))
> %
>
> and:
>
> % cat libs/libmythbase/mythcommandlineparser.cpp
> . . .
> /** \brief Canned argument definition for --noupnp
>   */
> void MythCommandLineParser::addUPnP(void)
> {
>      add("--noupnp", "noupnp", false, "Disable use of UPnP.", "");
> }
>

>> but I don't see a direct way of passing 'noupnp' from
>>
>> mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/commandlineparser.cpp
>>
>> Am I looking in the right place?  Can it be done?
>

> GitHub search for addUPnP -
>
> I suspect that file just needs an addUPnP();
> in  MythBackendCommandLineParser::LoadArguments() ???

Thanks for this.  I've been away and of course, with the setup now done,
the irritation has passed.  I'm not sure if builds are working for me at
present, but it does seem possible that an "addUPnP();" in the
corresponding place in the mythtv-setup parser will do what I asked for.
  I'll try it in the next build session.

John P