[mythtv] Possible configure option to disable dbus / udisks?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Sep 4 21:00:19 UTC 2017

On 04/09/17 21:38, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie
> <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>> On 04/09/17 20:52, Tom Dexter wrote:

>>> Sure. I'll see what I can do, though that's a little out of my
>>> wheelhouse. One aspect of it that I'd need clarification on is this:
>>> While I can clearly see the qtdbus is the existing configure script,
>>> there's nothing in there regarding udisks at all. Would the omission
>>> of qtdbus simply cause all the udisk stuff to be disabled? Wasn't
>>> clear on that.
>>>

>> It will mean that mythtv cannot communicate with the udisks service
>> via dbus. (or the dbus based screensaver)
>>
>> tbh, i'd be surprised if gentoo still shipped udisks, it died a long
>> time ago and was replaced by udisks2 (which we don't support) which has
>> itself also been replaced.
>>
>> Your analysis is correct, in that there isn't any code that requires a
>> udisks-dev type package, we just use what is provided by the system
>> via dbus.
>>

>> Regards
>> Stuart
>
> Thanks! Actually the recent Gentoo ebuilds do in fact pull in udisks2
> if either dvd or bluray support is enabled. Sounds like an option to
> disable qtdbus should take care of it.

Heh, sounds a bit pointless.

If we find the system is using udisks2 service we give up.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8f6b99e45f3de1a8278ede7b0d3644901a034f28

and indeed, disabling qtdbus will kill off this
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mediamonitor-unix.cpp#L76

Regards
Stuart