[mythtv] Schedule Manual record is broken in Master

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Oct 25 22:15:55 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 08:50:25PM +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:38 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Scheduling a manual recording is not working in latest master. I can
> > create a manual schedule in the front end. Once created it shows in
> > upcoming recordings as "Single record - Not Listed (N)". I don't know
> > what that means. The recording time comes and goes and then it is listed
> > in Previously Recorded still as "Single record - Not Listed (N)". It
> > never gets recorded. It works correctly in v0.28 and v29.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> Hi Peter,
>
> I am not in a position to test this, but it likely has to do with filters.
> Even on a "record one showing", it is paying attention to filters, which
> can cause it to decide the show "does not exist", and you get that "Not
> Listed".

Peter, not listed means the single/override rule (it only applies to
them) didn't match anything in the guide data.  It was originally
added for cases where the network changes its programming after the
rule is created, but before the scheduled time.  Previously, the issue
would have been silently ignored with the user not knowing why
something didn't record.

Anyway, as John says, the same issue can arise when filters are used,
either explicitly or implicitly when iherited from a template.  For
example, if you try to record something on a standard definition only
channel and turn on the high definition filter, it won't match
anything.  Double check your filters and if you think there's still a
problem, let me know and I can look at it tomorrow.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net