[mythtv] Solved: Problem with commit 9506b88 2017/10/09 : Cleanup gcc and clang warnings generated by -Wextra switch.

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:41:14 UTC 2017

Hi David

The crash happens if I check out the commit before your changes
(594b160) and apply the first patch (0001), which changes
videoout_omx.cpp and .h.

I puzzled over this for a while.

Your change exposed a bug that was already there.

The macro OSD_EGL is defined in videoout_omx.cpp, but it is also used in
videoout_omx.h. When videoout_omx.h is used from another source file,
OSD_EGL is not defined, so class VideoOutputOMX is different (shorter in
size) when accessed or created in videooutbase.cpp. Bad things ensue.

Moving the definition of OSD_EGL to videoout_omx.h and rearranging a few
things to accommodate that, fixes the problem. I will commit the fix.

Peter